In this post, we will discuss about step by step approach for blue prism software download and installation.
To install Blue Prism on your desktop below are the prerequisites:
• Windows Operating System
• Microsoft .NET framework
• Supported Microsoft SQL Server Database
Blue Prism can be installed on supporting windows which supports Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and also Windows 10. Blue Prism is installed on 64-bit Operating System and it will run on the 32-bit application.
You need to have .NET in your system and must search and verify programs and features from the control panel.
Before Blue prism Software installation, we need to configure SQL server.
1) Go to all programs, there open Microsoft SQL server 2014 and Click on Configuration Tools and then open SQL server 2014 configuration manager.
2) Then, you will get the window as shown below. Make sure that start mode is automatic for SQL server (browser and express).
3) If the start mode is running or disabled. Then just right click on that and go to properties. There you can change its mode and click Ok.
To install the Blue Prism,
1) Go to My Computer, double click on Setup file. Then, you will get a license agreement. Read all the conditions and click I Agree. Then, click Next.
2) Now, it starts installing Blue Prism on your desktop.
3) Once the installation has been done, it will ask to configure before signing up for Blue Prism.
4) To configure, give connection name, hostname and give connection type as SQL server windows authentication. Then, click Ok.
5) Now it will ask to create a new Database, then go to file and create Database by using default connections. Then, Click Ok.
6) Once it is done, it shows that a new database has been created successfully.
7) Now, sign in to Blue Prism by giving username and password as admin and admin respectively. They are defaults for everyone.
Here, you may wonder, “how can username and password by default be the same for everyone for everyone And how can tool remain protected?”
8) Yes, here we have an option. After singing in into Blue Prism, it will immediately ask you to reset the password.
9) Here, we have to give our new password and then click Finish.
10) Now, your own password has been created successfully.
11) Now, your Blue Prism has been installed successfully. Then homepage of Blue Prism will be opened.
12) Here, Menu Bar of Blue Prism is inactive. To open that, we have to install a new license, which can be found in downloads.
13) After installing the license, you will find all the tabs are now ready to use.
Above given are few steps which I have used to install and configure the SQL server and Blue Prism.
Offcially, Blue Prism software is not available for download. There are two ways of getting the software:
Majority of them are in the C Drive => Program Files => Blue prism > Automate => VBO folder.
The only VBO’s provided on the portal via Home>Products >VBO are either more advanced or extended versions released by blue prism. The portal currently has VBOs for
You can reach out to blue prism team using the link below Contact Us – Blue Prism
Mention your area of interest and they should get back to you with details. BluePrism license is one of the expensive in the market. They charge premium for license keys.
Blue Prism does not provide any trial or demo version software for practice. The company has to be a licensed partner of Blue Prism to get their software for training or projects purpose.
Freelancers are unable to take the burden of paying high cost for licenses. So even though people who want to learn, they have to a company provided software.